[OM] Re: 50/3.5 for fashion

Subject: [OM] Re: 50/3.5 for fashion
From: Doug Cooper <visigoth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 23:23:35 -0400 (EDT)

Just did my first fashion shoot, and used the new Olympus equipment.  The
50/3.5 proves a *superb* portrait lens:  I placed the model's face in the
corner of the frame, more than once, with absolutely no distortion.  The
bokeh, as noted by someone else, is kind of awful, but this doesn't kick
in until something is severely out of focus -- doubled lines, etc.

I shot with an old Rollei MX-EVS TLR as well -- my usual camera -- and the
results were equally pleasing with both systems.

I've fallen in love with E100S for skin tones, by the way.  Better
all-around film than Astia (which is fine for skin, but renders everything
else a bit blue).  E100S is very yellow in the late day (god knows how SW
would be!), but the skin tones are still lovely.

The OM4t's meter was dead on. I used natural light, and checked readings
regularly against incident readings with a Luna Pro SBC.  I like this new
camera system.

Doug Cooper