Re: [OM] OT - Windows and dates.

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Windows and dates.
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 14:51:33 -0700
From: "W. J. Liles" <wliles@xxxxxxxxx>

Two quotes that help me keep perspective on computers:

        1)  "To err is human but to really screw things up use a computer."

        2)  "If architects designed buildings like programers wrote programs
the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization."

My favorite was a heckler at a Bill Gates talk. Mr. Bill was waxing rhapsodic on how wonderful the computer industry was, and said something like, "If the auto industry had progressed like the computer industry, we'd have cars that cost $2,000, go 1,000 miles per hour, and get 500 miles to the gallon!"

A heckler then shouted, "Yea, but they'd crash three times a day!"

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229