Re: [OM] Reviewing an old thread

Subject: Re: [OM] Reviewing an old thread
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 08:43:50 EDT
In a message dated 7/24/99 6:56:59 AM EST, per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Looks like they screwed up at Pop Photo, doesn't it? It also looks as if
the
> person  who wrote this article (Dan Richards) is not identical to the
photographer
> that tested  the continous focus of the camera. Strange, one person who
writes and another who  takes photos?

>  Per Nordenberg
>  Kolmården, Sweden

        I wouldn't expect accuracy from that magazine, and would agree with
you that if Olympus Japan's text doesn't mention "TTL" then it certainly is
not TTL.

        As for the IS-20 and -30 lens cap issue you mention in your other
posting, I'm not so sure I'm seeing it the way you are-

-quote-
"Like the earlier IS-200, the IS-300 has an integrated lens cap that opens
automatically when the power is turned on. This convenient feature eliminates
the
bother of removing the lens cap for every shot as well as the risk of losing
it. The
cap can be closed even when a filter has been added to the lens."
-unquote-

        It only states that you "can" leave a lens cap on, it doesn't state
any thickness restriction, so I "assume" the 6mm thickness restriction is
still valid, while you assume it is different. (After all, it can't be
unlimited in thickness, there HAS to be a limit).
Me thinks they (conveniently) left out the part about 6mm being the limit.
But you stated your quote was from an "info page" and as such I would not
treat it as a "specification", but just as info.

        George S.