RE: [OM] Tamron adaptall 2

Subject: RE: [OM] Tamron adaptall 2
From: Ross Waite <rmwaite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 01:39:39 +1000
-----Original Message-----
From:   WKato@xxxxxxx [SMTP:WKato@xxxxxxx]
Sent:   Thursday, July 22, 1999 12:36 AM
To:     olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Are all Tamron adaptalls 2 for OM mount equivalent? They are not
>  several different types? It looks as I heard anywhere that they are
>  (may be on this list) I can not remember. If they are different, how
>  it is possibly to tell which one is well?
>
>  Best regards
>
>  Gejza Dunay

> There was a thread on this topic a few months ago.  It seems that there
were
> several versions of the Adaptall 2 mount. They are interchangeable except
> with one problem...........

Sorry about the lateness of this reply.  I have 2 different versions of the
Tamron Adaptall 2 mount.  One is marked "O/OM Japan" and has 4 screw heads
in positions 12, 3, 6 and 8 o'clock, when looking at the lens mount flange
with the red dot at the 12 o'clock position.  It is the one at the 3
o'clock position that causes the OM-3/4 reset pin to shear.  The other
mount (which is much newer), is marked "OL Japan", and has 3 of the 4 screw
heads in the same positions as the earlier mount, namely positions 12,  6
and 8 o'clock. The fourth screw head has been moved further clockwise
around the mount, closer to the 4 o'clock position. This causes no problems
with the reset pin.

Cheers
Ross Waite