Re: [OM] Vivitar 28mm 1:2.0 MC Close Focus Wide Angle

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar 28mm 1:2.0 MC Close Focus Wide Angle
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 23:30:14 EDT
Wayne,
            I bought one (broken) off a list member a while back and repaired
it so am fairly intimately familiar with it's construction, since I stripped
it right down. I believe there are actually at least two versions of the lens
with the more recent one being better. I have not had a chance too use it so
I cannot comment on image quality. It is a floating element design similar to
the OM 24mm F2 lens, so should have improved close up performance. The
multicoating has really garish color reflections and the mechanical
construction is not up to OM standards although the focus mechanism is very
solid.

Regards,
Tim Hughes
Hi100@xxxxxxx