Re: [OM] Vivitar close-up lenses on Zuiko 50/1.4

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar close-up lenses on Zuiko 50/1.4
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 19:12:42 +0200
>Hello, I'm new to the list and even newer to being an Olympus owner
snip>
>Anyway, here's a question.  A friend of mine has some old Vivitar
>close-up lenses that fit on the front of my 50/1.4 lens.  There are
>3 of them: a #1, #2, and #4, and they can be attached in series.
>According to the instruction sheet that is still with them, they
>should give something like a 1:2.75 close-up on a 50mm lens.

Joey, welcome to The List.

I don't do much close-up stuff, but I have found that ripping out the
insides of a cheap teleconverter has provided me with an easy and cheap
extension tube.  I use this with my 85/2, but I am sure that it will work
just as well with a 50/1.8 (with less magnification.

But there are brainy types on the List who will tell you more of the
magnification and exposure stuff.

What's the Olympus Exchange by the way?  I'm British, you see.

Chris