Re: [OM] 2 or 4?

Subject: Re: [OM] 2 or 4?
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 08:38:06 EDT
In a message dated 7/19/99 5:01:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> For US$300, would you choose a bgn OM4 from KEH or a low mileage VG+/EX-
>  OM2S from fellow OMer? Like I've said, no web access, so tell me what I
>  get in the 4 over the 2S (multi spot; how useful? can't i take multiple
>  sopts myself? battery issues?) I'm very very close to the 2S, and unless
>  there's a very good reason to forego it, I won't. Please CC to email. I
>  currently have an OM-1n only and 28/50/200/2XA/T32 and the only likely
>  addition will be an 85 if I find one. HELP the young one with your
>  collective wisdom acquired thru the ages ;-)

Siddiq,

I own both an OM-2S and an OM-4. Both are great cameras. The things you get
withthe OM-4 are spot metering in both auto and manual modes, multi-spot,
power rewind with the MD 2.The OM-2S sounds better, though, and has the
Program exposure feature. In my experience program is nice if youwant to hand
the camera over to a neophyte. They just focus and shoot. I prefer the finder
display in the OM-4 though.

My gut feeling would be to get the OM-2S. The cameras are really quite
similar in their capabilities, and I would rather get one in better
condition. With either of them, I would factor in a trip to John H. for a CLA
sometime soon.

Paul Schings
Coventry, Rhode Island USA