Re: [OM] Practical Books

Subject: Re: [OM] Practical Books
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 23:09:35 +0100
Thomas Haegin <haegint@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

"does any of you folks know of a photo book without how-to-do texts,
but great pictures only and comprehensive technical information about
the picture, like lens length, f-stop, shutter speed, filters, film
used, location, cam system used (35mm, middle format, P&S,
whatever...), etc..."

There used to be books called "Photograms of the Year 1966", etc. published
every year, where each page contained one photograph with just the author's
name and page number, and a separate section of pages describing each
picture with technical data (if the photographer provided it) in a
paragraph. I haven't seen any recent editions but then we don't have many
good bookshops left.

I have a book similarly formatted, called "Harmony" - a collection of
superb, inspiring, Japanese landscapes by Toshinobu Takeuchi from 1985 (Oly
content - none, they were all taken with Canon equipment on Kodachromes).

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx