Re: [OM] Practical Books

Subject: Re: [OM] Practical Books
From: Brice1021@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 22:52:32 EDT
Thomas Haegin wrote:

>does any of you folks know of a photo book without how-to-do texts,
>but great pictures only and comprehensive technical information about
>the picture, like lens length, f-stop, shutter speed, filters, film
>used, location, cam system used (35mm, middle format, P&S,
>whatever...), etc...

Hi Thomas,

Two books that I have found to be very helpful are 'Learning to See
Creatively' and 'Understanding Exposure' by Bryan Peterson.  Both books
contain more photos than text but the text is very informative regarding
exposure information, composition, lighting, etc.  What I like the most about
his books is that he shows two pictures of each subject.  The first is how
the dull the subject looks to the untrained eye, the second is how good it
can look when applying creative techniques of composition, lighting, focal
length, aperature and shutter speed.  You may be able to find out more about
these books by visiting BarnesandNoble.com or Amazon.com.

Hope this helps!

Bill Rice
Round Lake, IL USA