RE: [OM] Nickel Hydride AA cells

Subject: RE: [OM] Nickel Hydride AA cells
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 17:03:52 -0400
I've got 8 of these "Nexcell" NiMH AA's from Thomas Distribuing and I'm
extremely satisfied.  They're definitely more powerful than NiCads, but
aren't up to Alkalines or Lithium standards.  But you can carry 2 sets,
fully charged to cover this issue.

I use them primarily in my portable CD player, which will eat a set of 2
AA's on a 3 hr plane flight.  That gets expensive after a while.  But I
also have had them in a T-32 and a T Power Control recently, and they've
done well.  Just remember that they lose about 1-20f their charge every
day if you don't use them.

For high-volume or quick recycle applications, I use either a Quantum 1
lead-acid batter (VERY Quick recycle) or a Bounce Grip 2.

I'd highly recommend the NiMH AA's.  And Thomas is the cheapest place I've
seen.  They are about 1/2 of the "Quest" batteries advertised in lots of
outdoor and photo catalogs.  And service was great.  I called them up.

Skip