[OM] CheckRated Store (yeah right)

Subject: [OM] CheckRated Store (yeah right)
From: Jeffrey E Bellin <jeffbellin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 13:03:08 EDT
First I want to thank everyone who steered me in the direction of B&H
Photo. They've been great to deal with. I'm the one who asked about
Cambridge Photo and now I don't even look at their ads to be tempted -
thanks to everyone for saving me aggravation and probably money form
setting be straight.

I'm putting together some equipment for my son who is 12 to get him
started. In looking over Popular Photography I saw an ad from AAA Camera
Exchange listing some real low prices on Tokina lenses. The small print
says that the prices listed are for OM mounts and other mounts are
additional. Well I took the bait and called. Amazing how they don't have
a single Tokina OM mount lens in stock and I should try to call in 2-3
weeks to see what's happening. The other thing about their ad that I
found funny is that in the real small print they say prices are valid
until July 3. Isn't this after the August issues hits the stands?

To say the least I'm not too impressed with Popular Photography's "Check
Rated Program". Am I the first one to have this problem?

I guess it just goes to show that if it seems too good to be true it
probably isn't.

Jeff Bellin
Newton, MA

P.S. What mail order companies besides B&H have good track records?