Re: [OM] olympus cases

Subject: Re: [OM] olympus cases
From: "christopher.barker" <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 99 21:24:43 +0200
Dear Dunay

I have given up with Olympus cases: they are poor quality and are not the
most useful sizes.

I use Billingham bags (Hadley, Photo Packington and 206 models); they
offer the accessibility and protection that I need.

OM Story:

But I did take my OM1N flying with me in an everready case (ERC) the
other day.  It was a sunny day (at 20,000 feet), trucking across the
Netherlands and the North Sea with an Italian navigator.  I made my
camera ready for the trip and made sure that it would not get in the way
of the controls. I had fitted a 21/3.5 so that I could take a shot of
*me* for the Unofficial Olympus Gallery.  I set up the autopilot , made
sure that the sun was out of shot and told the navigator to keep a good
lookout for other aircraft and took the first shot from a half-profile.
I wound on the film ... aaargh...! I had finished the film - all that
preparation and I had forgotten that I had only a 24-exposure film in the
camera (Fuji Superia 200).  If it comes out I'll send it...

At least the ERC kept the camera safe 8-)

Chris

mailto:cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx