Re: [OM] OT Req suggestions for gift photo book

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Req suggestions for gift photo book
From: Patrick Giagnocavo <a222@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 01:20:58 -0400
Gary Edwards wrote:

> My wife is looking for a book or books for a high school graduation gift  to a
> young lady who is very seriously interested in photography.  She believes that
> this girl will study photography in college.  Unfortunately, my wife doesn't
> know whether her interests are fine art or photojournalism.

The Ansel Adams series are classics, no doubt about it.

Alternatively, you might consider one of the books by Karsh.  He
photographs in both black and white and color, and usually has a few
writeups of how he came to take each picture.  Not technical notes,
though.

I am a big fan of Karsh anyways.  It might be a good way to hedge your
bets, since he took artistic photos of newsworthy people.  And it is
something that looks good on a coffee table :-)

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
a222@xxxxxxxxxxx