[OM] Re: Fuji mailers (was "Kodak processing rant")

Subject: [OM] Re: Fuji mailers (was "Kodak processing rant")
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 09:04:17 -0500
At 01:33 AM 7/13/99 EDT, you wrote:
>I've also decided I've been spending a fortune on E6 processing so the next
>time I'm going to buy some Fuji prepaid processing from B&H. Its the best
>deal around you can get a 36 rol of Velvia or Provia and have it processed
>for little over $8.00. Has anyone had negative (er not good) experience with
>these mailers?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Warren

Inexplicably they returned a roll with the last five frames missing.  I
know they should have been there because the "E" frame had a partial
exposure on it and was included (as the film ends always are), so something
was botched and not by me.

My only other complaint is that the slides occasionally come back with a
very fine grit or dust on them. (In fairness, I've experienced this with
Kodak too.)  I am able to blow this off before scanning, etc.  It's a minor
annoyance.  I will undoubtedly continue to use the Fuji mailers.  I want to
see how Ektachrome looks when done by Kodak, but I will try  E100VS with
Fuji processing sometime, sooner or later.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA