Re: [OM] Tele Zoom recommendation

Subject: Re: [OM] Tele Zoom recommendation
From: "Thomas Haegin" <haegint@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 21:22:46 +0200
Gary,
thanks for your lens recommendations. Weight and size I'm not very concerned
about. If need be, I will get a monopod eventually. Also when using an OM
with a winder (or MD) attached, you get a good grip of it all, I find. The
Tokina AT-X has intriguing specs... 2.8... I'll see what I find out about
this one.

Just a question for all here: I have this Tamron SP 5.6/300mm Adaptall with
OM mount. I can provide all the technical details as I still own the
original lens leaflet. It's very slim and light, takes 58mm filters and is
16.8 cm long if mounted and about 17.9 cm in the bag with both (original)
caps on. It's in very good condition as I use it only very rarely. Would
anybody be **generally interested** in buying it? I'm not looking for prices
or firm bids at this time, just want to get an idea & "market buss". I bring
this up because I saw a 400mm lens here in Switzerland that I could trade up
to. So I'm tossing around the idea to get a telezoom as per above and
possibly this 400mm in order to make a real difference to the 200mm from the
zoom. Again, just tell me informally offline if you might have a general
interest.

Thanks,
Thomas
haegint@xxxxxxxxxxxxx