Re: [OM] Tele Zoom recommendation

Subject: Re: [OM] Tele Zoom recommendation
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 14:06:34 -0800
Thomas Haegin wrote:

>I'm looking to buy a manual focus telezoom, like 80 - 210 or something like
>that. Need not be Zuiko. Main use will be sports and action, but not
>portraits. I think high aperture no. would be a plus in order to get the
>fastest shutter times. I do have a 300mm already.

Here are a few of my favorites:

- Zuiko 65-200mm F4
- Tokina AT-X 80-200mm F2.8
- Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm F2.8-4 (with 62mm filter!)
- Kiron 70-210mm F4 (with zoom lock, or zoom lock + focus lock)
- Tamron SP 70-210mm F3.5
- Sigma 75-200mm F2.8-3.5
- Tokina RMC 70-210mm F4

All of the above will provide you with excellent picts, but are
quite large.  If you need a more petite but still very good zoom,
try the Tokina RMC 80-200mm F3.5-4.5.  Also, if filter size is
a consideration, choose either the Zuiko or one of the slower
Tokinas, as they all take Olympus-standard 55mm filters.

Good luck,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, California, USA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx