Re: [OM] machine prints

Subject: Re: [OM] machine prints
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 13:43:19 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Giles wrote:

>The Processor was a Fuji also.  Do you want me to find out the model number
>for you?
>
>Don't be so quick to dismiss prints.  Cibachromes (illfochrome classic) can be
>pretty dramatic and powerful.

Well, I'd go Ciba when I get something truly spectacular--I have plan for
a little trip <G>

>Does anybody have any experience with prints on Ilfocolour?  I have some blurb
>from
>a pro lab which says it is posibly the finest quality colour neg printing
>material
>available.  The prices were about 20 0.000000e+00ss than for Ilfochrome so it
>is still
>expensive.
>
>> Alas, I asked a few labs around if they could set the machine to print
>> prints uncorrected. "Nope, can't be done." The machines seem to be rather
>> new, Fujis. I'll give it another shot and hope it works. However, it's not
>> much of a concern to me, as after seeing some Elitechromes at work, there
>> is no print that will impress me. In fact, I'm thinking of leaving the

The thing is asked the operators at the one-hour machine, and they said
the machine will automagically compensate. However, that's NOT where I get
my prints; I drop the roll off there, and then they get sent somewhere and
come back the next day. The machine is for in-house 1 hour processing.
I'll call the lab where the regular processing film gets sent.

/Acer Victoria
--
"Like a cat / Dragged in from the rain / Who goes straight back out / To
do it all over again / I'll be back for more / ...."    --Depeche Mode