Re: [OM] mondomonopods and suppot

Subject: Re: [OM] mondomonopods and suppot
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:26:46 -0500 (CDT)
I find that with my monopod (Bogen 3018 w/3229QR tilt head) I gain
about 2 stops over my best hand held shots.

For example, with a 200 mm I can reliably shoot at 1/250, get
reasonable results at 1/125, and can shoot at 1/60 if the gods are
with me. 1/30 and longer is a crap shoot at best.  With a monopod, I
can reliably shoot at 1/60, get fair results at 1/30, and don't start
worrying until I get to 1/15.

That said, a good tripod is a vast improvement, and if you're going
to shoot Velvia, its well worth the investment. You can get a nice
low end Bogen with a 3265 (the QR will match the 3229 on the monopod
above) for around $125, or if matching QR plates isn;t a concern, can
get the 3030 tilt/pan head on a nice set of legs for around a
hundred.

BBB
-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel