RE: [OM] Macro Flash w/o TTL

Subject: RE: [OM] Macro Flash w/o TTL
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 17:59:13 -0400 (EDT)

  #1.- Is there a library, or used bookstore nearby ? Look for
       books on close-up photography from 1970 and earlier. The
       subject is covered at length in most of these books.

  #2.- Run tests yourself ! This is no biggie. Set up your tripod,
       a target subject (a grey scale might be good, parked in front of
       an "average" subject. Keep records of each exposure. Run a
       1/3rd stop bracket at the short setting of the teletube,
       the middle and the end. You may have more significant problems,
       such as aiming the unit to where it will do you the most good,
       and perhaps softening the quality of the light (use a big bounce
       card, and experiment, experiment, experiment. Yes, you will
       lay to waste a roll or three of precious film, but you will
       KNOW without any doubt, what your rig will do. Use slide
       film for your tests, and you can extrapolate for, in-between
       tube extensions besides the ends and middle.

                                        *= Doris Fang =*