Re: [OM] slide projector handling

Subject: Re: [OM] slide projector handling
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 16:08:42 -0400
<I can't explain it too well. See the tech section on my page, Don
Klipstein's link. "Soft Start" should be there somewhere (on Don's page).
Basically, rapid temp changes are bad for filament life. The 'fan only' is
there and should be used if a bulb blows during a show and you want to
cool it as fast as possible so you can handle it (paper towel or cloth so
you don't transfer oil to surface). HTH,

/Acer Victoria>

How will room temperature cool it too fast?
Why would you care about oil on a blown bulb?

Charlie L.