Re: [OM] Odd OM4 behavior - oops, nevermind.

Subject: Re: [OM] Odd OM4 behavior - oops, nevermind.
From: gary edwards <maitani@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 07:32:26 PDT
Film reflectivity variation is a trivial issue (I think). If it concerns you, here is how to test for variation. Set up you OTF capable OM looking at a constant illumination scene. A solid wall dimly illuminated by artificial light would be good. Select an aperture that gives you an automatic exposure of, say, 60 s. Shoot 36 test shots with one film type, carefully timing the exposure with a stopwatch. Load another type of film and, without changing the film speed setting (or anything else), make 36 more test shots (the more the better to average out measurment errors). This would be a good way to use up a couple of out of date rolls. Throw the exposed film away and report your results. Include the number of samples, the variation of each film type (standard deviation of 36 measurements), and the film types. My bet is that the standard deviation for each roll will be about the same magnitude as the difference between rolls.