RE:[OM] [OT] wacky translations

Subject: RE:[OM] [OT] wacky translations
From: Francisco Mostaccio <francescoarg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11 Jun 99 20:52:12 ARST
Estimate Jan:

 Jan wrote:

>This is particularly fun with idioms and sayings. My favorite example is
>"Out of sight, out of mind," which translated to Russian and back as
>"Invisible idiot."

translated by Babylon "Out of sight, out of mind," (english to spanish)
Is in spanish we tell: "Ojos que no ven, corazón que no siente" (and so
 is well)

After, translate by Altavista "Ojos que no ven, corazón que no siente"
to english is:
              "eyes that do not see heart that does not feel"

  with these translators we are on the brink of madness.

Greeting

Francisco Mostaccio
La Plata Argentina