Re: [OM] e-SIF question: M.In-Focus Trigger Cord function

Subject: Re: [OM] e-SIF question: M.In-Focus Trigger Cord function
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 17:03:11 EDT
mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Besides wanting its picture, I also have a couple of questions about this
>  cord:
>
>  - what is the function of the button/switch on top of the plug that goes
>  into the Motor Drive or Winder?
>  - am I correct that both single and continuous shooting is supported
(camera
>  only fires when subject is in focus), on all OM bodies? So that when the
>  drive is set to continuous you set the lens to Sequence AF, and when the
>  drive is set to single you set the lens to Single AF, and that's it? Also
on
>  other cameras than the OM-30?
>  - do you get anything extra when you plug this cord into the socket on the
>  left hand side of the OM-30 (F) instead of directly plugging it into the AF
>  lens?

I thought this cord was for the OM-30/F only, and not any other OM bodies.
When you press the red button the picture is taken when the body indicates
proper focus, so it will wait for something to come into the field of view,
for example.

Then again, I may be wrong....

Paul Schings
Coventry, Rhode Island USA