[OM] OT: different filters in enlargers?

Subject: [OM] OT: different filters in enlargers?
From: Siri Bjoner <sbjoner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 01:23:11 +0200
Hi all!

Still busy in the darkroom, but noticed something weird today; I'm
currently working on two different enlargers (one cheapo east-European [#1]
and one Durst 506 (or is that 605?) [#2]). The thing is, they both are
colour enlargers; but when I test out the values of the different filters
(C, M, Y) they are completely different! Even at the same aperture! The
values of #1 go to 200, #2 to 130, but they are nowhere near alike at any
point. #2 "looks" more correct, as the values on #1 look more like Y,
purple and green.

Unfortunately, enlarger #3, #4 and #5 (yes I'm spoilt) are b/w only, so I
can't make any further comparisons. [well, not that spoilt, #3 looks
prehistoric, #4 is a Durst 605/506 where the only workable aperture is 3.5
cos it gives variable light at others, and #5 is a toy-enlarger...]

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has ever checked this out/seen it before?
And whether anyone knows where one can get hold of an instruction manual
for the Durst... do they have a website?

ObOly: Have developped the KC25 nightlife w/weird exposures on OM-4. I'm
not sure - one shot looks good, gorgeous dark cobalt blue but won't find
out if it's workable until I've had it copied. The 28-48 I bought from
Thomas last week has been tried and tested but not yet developped, but the
new 100 is still waiting to be challenged. Maybe I should test the 100 with
a tripod and a Velvia tonight for more nightlife and testing of exposure
times? ;-D

Siri.

po box 9024 gronland, n-0133 oslo mailto:sbjoner@xxxxxxxxx fone: +47 9010
4635 fax: +47 9030 6420
"argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours" ... r. bach