Re: [OM] OT: different filters in enlargers?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: different filters in enlargers?
From: Richard Ross <rhdesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 09:31:13 +0100
Siri wrote
>Still busy in the darkroom, but noticed something weird today; I'm
>currently working on two different enlargers (one cheapo east-European [#1]
>and one Durst 506 (or is that 605?) [#2]). The thing is, they both are
>colour enlargers; but when I test out the values of the different filters
>(C, M, Y) they are completely different! Even at the same aperture! The
>values of #1 go to 200, #2 to 130, but they are nowhere near alike at any
>point. #2 "looks" more correct, as the values on #1 look more like Y,
>purple and green.

Siri -

There are at least three different standards for colour filters on
enlargers: Kodak, Durst, Meopta, and Leitz.  Make that four ;-)  To make
matters worse, Durst have two different standards of their own.

There are no easy methods of conversion unfortunately, so if you want to
get similar results from two different enlargers the only way is to
calibrate them individually.

If you want more help with this, e-mail me off list and I'll try and assist
(but I'm on vacation next week)

Cheers
Richard

Richard Ross