Re: [OM] Flash and Red Eye

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash and Red Eye
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 16:17:24 +0200
Barry B. Bean Wrote:

> You apparently haven't gotten the memo from Tokyo directing al
> Olympus and Zuiko owners to immediately dispose of their bodies,
> lenses, flashes, and drives by sending them to the Olympus Disposal
> Facility in Peach Orchard, MO.

No... ???

But "Peach Orchard" doesn´t sound save. Close to my place is an +1000m
deep salt mine which would work well for secure storage of this
dangerous materials.

> They indicate that it is especially
> important to send OM-4Ti and OM-3Ti bodies

Of course, this cameras are especialy dangerous for the unaware, as we
all know, the camera Ti is scrap hull metal of an sunken Russian nuclar
submarine found near to the Norwegian coast (please see the list
archives).

I would suggest plastic cameras as an substitute.

> with fast multicoated
> lenses to this facility.

The salt will guarantee 1000rotection from the dangerous green glow of
MC Zuikos. There is plenty of storage room, so non-MC Zuikos are also
accepted.

Extremly dangerous and big Zuikos (250mm/2.0 etc.) are collected
worldwide by an team (me) expert in handling zuikolic radiation. Special
Coolman container are used to protect bystanders during transport.

Regards

Richard