Re: [OM] First OM camera

Subject: Re: [OM] First OM camera
From: svtbrad@xxxxxxxxxx (Bradley Mabb)
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 00:27:12 -0700
 More first OM stories
>please.

  Ok, here's mine. I'd lived up in Tuolumne Co (Sierra goldrush county of
 which Yosemite partly lies). But it wasn't until I moved to Santa Rosa and
 went on a hike in the Saddlebag Lake region east of Yosemite that I decided
 I'd never visit a place that beautiful again without bringing a good camera.
 I bought my first OM-1 w/ 50mm f1.8 (and a month later a 35-70 f3.6) from
 Keith's Photo here in Santa Rosa in about '77. (The salesman,btw, who sold
both
 to me is now my manager at the store I work at. ;))  I stayed true to the OM
 system, even replacing cameras destroyed on fishing trips with more OM's. It
 wasn't until I began photographing wildlife (flying birds, etc) about a year
 ago that I FINALLY broke down and bought into AF. I love my new camera, but
 can't bring myself to part completely from my OM's. I've pared my OM system
 down (and will probably let go of at least one more body), but I'll never
 leave the OM system completely. Over the years, they've gotten me published
 in two magazines and a half dozen newspaper articles, as well as a half dozen
 weddings. And there's still nothing like the sound on an OM-1's shutter ;)

                                                  enjoy,
                                                   Brad