Re: [OM] OM2000

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2000
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 15:14:46 -0500
At 01:15 PM 5/22/99 -0500, C.E. you wrote:

>       Correct the OM2000 does not take a winder and the controls are different
from
>other OM's.

Two questions:

        1)  Does the OM2000 take the Oly eyecups (and diopters!)?

        2)  Does the timer sequence initiate a mirror-lockup and aperture
prefire
before exposure?

> The lever must be partially pull out before
>the shutter will fire. THAT MOST OF ALL is the single most aggravating
feature
>of this camera, that and no winder and that its made by Cosina. To the
right of
>the film advance lever is a flat switch used for multi-exposures. Handier
than
>flipping the rewind knob on the OM's. Oh yeah, the OM2000's rewind button
is on
>the bottom of the body.

I am almost certain from this (and other descriptions I've read) that the
model for this camera is the Nikon FM2, which is not the worst camera in
the world.  Still, it's not an OM-1.

>From past discussion, one's comfort with the winding lever/meter-on
configuration will vary greatly depending on whether you are a left- or
right-eyed shooter.  Lefties tend to hate the configuration of this camera.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA