Re: [OM] OM2000 vrs OM3 & OM4?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2000 vrs OM3 & OM4?
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 10:54:54 EDT
In a message dated 5/22/99 9:42:08 AM EST, jstack@xxxxxxxx writes:

<< Anyone have an estimate as to what these bodies are selling for these
days?

 Why would I not want the OM2000? I see this body going for around $250 on
 the Web. I imagine the 3 & 4 are considerably more.

OM2000-  about $169.00
OM-3       about  $1500.00
OM-4T       about $1000.00

Caution- someone here I think said the OM2000 does not take the winder.
Also- you know, its not an Olympus manufacture. It's a Cosina. But it does
offer spot metering, a nice feature especially for a backup body.  Check it
out firsthand, don't just order it thru the mail until you see it, the
controls are different than the OMs, how much different I don't know- others
can answer your question in more detail. You may want more familiarity (with
other OMs) than it offers.  This is not firsthand info, just what I've been
hearing, since I don't own one. (Yet- he, he, )

George S.