Re: [OM] Olympus 16f3.5 and 18f3.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus 16f3.5 and 18f3.5
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 11:30:13 -0700
Tim;

HI100@xxxxxxx wrote:
> A very nice feature is that it is by far the most compact 16mm around.
> (see http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/fishlist.htm).
> I considered the 17mm Tokina Aspherical but it was so much bigger.

Yes, I checked this great site (and w.j. has so much more great info on
photography, particularly InfraRed, that I urge anyone who has missed
his sitethus far to check it out)  and one can easily see the size
advantage the Zuiko has.  However, he had a "?" in the weight field for
the Zuiko. Perhaps he saw the number and just couldn't believe it? :>)
After all it's little more than 1/2 the weight of the competitors!  The
Zuiko weighs 185 g,  the Nikkor, eg, is 330 g.

I e-mailed Jan with the number. Perhaps he'll update the page.

George