[OM] Olympus 16f3.5 and 18f3.5

Subject: [OM] Olympus 16f3.5 and 18f3.5
From: ecs amkoc <amkoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 20:16:57 +0800
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your reply and information. Unfortunately, I did not get
either lens.

The 18 was sold before I arrived but the 16mm was still available. I was
about to pay for the lens when I decided to have close look at the lens.

On inspection at an oblique angle thru' the rear element, I saw wavy
patterns on the inner element like a soft filter or web but this pattern
is
consistent and repetitive. Thinking that it may be virus, i decided not
to purchase the lens.

On the matter of price, the 18mm came with the 49mm-72mm filter adapter
according to the shop owner and is about US$600 and the16mm is 15%
lower. Both are in excellent conditions.

thank you again everyone for your assistance.

rgds

seongwan