[OM] I need a new camera - suggestions???

Subject: [OM] I need a new camera - suggestions???
From: KenK1ZYW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 15:41:09 EDT
>Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 16:51:55 EDT
>From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [OM] I need a new camera - suggestions???

>I would recommend 1 or all of the following:

       Olympus Sytlus Epic w 35F2.8 lens--inexpensive and very
?sharp(have one)
       Ricoh GR1 w 28F2.8 -- I plan to get one of these myself
       Konica HEXAR 35F2.0

>The last 2 are established classics even though they are PS.

>Alex

Hi Alex - thanks for the info

-GOSH my OM4t or OM2n w/ winder and 21mm lens would be perfect except for the
size
 (which is still much much better then the Nukon F5 someone on this list
suggested.

1. Olympus stylis epic - does it have loops for a neck strap? and does it
have the ability to shut the flash (and not default back to flash
mode) when turned off and on?

2. Ricoh GR1 may be possible - can you shut the flash off totally and does it
have
camera strap loops for neck strap?

3. Konica Hexar look about the best  but the remote cord is really funky and
looks
like it will draw attention to the camera - it seems to be a 'SLC' (Scary
Looking Camera) -
[I just made that up]

Any other 'New Camera' contenders to consider??

Cheers

Ken M