Re: [OM] Pop photo anti-OM conspiracy? Was: Mirrror lockup effecting re

Subject: Re: [OM] Pop photo anti-OM conspiracy? Was: Mirrror lockup effecting resolution
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 12:38:36 -0700

Hans van Veluwen wrote:

> : Now, my conspiracy question should be obvious:  Why are the 4Ti and 3Ti
> : not included in his list?  Their self-timers do the same thing, albeit
> : 12 seconds before exposure.
>
> The OM-3 and OM-3Ti don't have a self-timer.
> It would have been nice if they had tested a 3Ti too.
> Gary, does the "Lens Test Fund" cover a 3Ti? ;-)

Yes, I flashed on this after I had sent the msg and verified it at Oly
website.  Not having a 3Ti, I just assumed they wouldn't leave such an
important feature off a $1500 camera!  Heck, even the original OM-1 had
a self timer.

> : Anybody know Keppler's e-mail address?
>
> No, but inside a PG I read:
>
> "Questions or comments on editorial content should be addressed to:
> Popular Photograhy, 1633 Broadway, New York, NY 10019.
> E-mail: mailto:popeditor@xxxxxxx
> We can't guarantee that we will answer all letters."
>
> Hnz

Thanks for this Hans.  I sent the following e-mail to this address just
now.  Anybody want to loin me in a push for a correction?

George

Thanks for an interesting article.

I was amazed by the resolution improvements of up to 3000n the F5 with
Mirror Lock Up.

**But** I think there was an oversight in the list of all current
cameras which have MLU.  The OM-4Ti, like the Maxxum 9 and the PZ-1p
mentioned in the article, has a self-timer which locks-up the mirror
(and stops down the aperture) before the shutter opens. In the OM-4Ti
case, the pre-fire is set at 12 seconds.

I for one would like to see this corrected.

Thanks

George