Re: [OM] Fill flash - shutter speeds?

Subject: Re: [OM] Fill flash - shutter speeds?
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 09:03:06 -0400
<<Can anyone make suggestions for the use of fill flash with an OM1N and an
automatic flash during daylight hours? Can I use the flash at any speeds
above 1/60th or will only part of the pic be influenced by the flash? Do I
need to set the flash to manual mode? Using either a Sunpak or T32.

I'd like to try to remove / soften the facial shadows of baseball players.
I'd like to shoot with fill flash in the 1/250th and up shuter speeds. >>

You are stuck with the synch speed of your camera.
Using the guide number system on manual is the best
way to use fill flash outdoors.
Test the flash for true guide number accuracy with a flah meter.
Test it outdoors, I find that the readings are different from indoors.
You could also use a reflector and shoot at any speed.

Charlie L.