Re: [OM] Arcane Question No. 1: 50/1.8 as loupe

Subject: Re: [OM] Arcane Question No. 1: 50/1.8 as loupe
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 00:20:55 +0000
I use an f1.4 as a loupe but I find it best resting on the filter ring and
looking
through the rear element.  I have tried it both ways and this seems by far the
best
as the magnification seems about the same but the field of view is so much
wider you
can take in the whole frame with a slide with your eye right up close to the
rear
element.  The filter ring rests on the mount so I have no need for a stand.

An interesting thing I have found is that it is much better if I wear my
glasses
when using the lens as a loupe even though they are for distance vision.
Normaly I
remove them for close work or using conventional magnifying lenses but with the
lens
it is definately better to wear them.

Giles