Re: [OM] OM vs Leica vs Zeiss--focal length by focal length???

Subject: Re: [OM] OM vs Leica vs Zeiss--focal length by focal length???
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 15:15:00 +0200
ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx schrieb:

> I personnaly would prefer a focal length by focal length
> comparison of only the "BEST" of the OM line versus recent versions of Leica
> or Zeiss.
>         1) The 21mmF3.5 Zuiko MC versus the 21F2.8 Contax G Biogon.
>
>                    Within the OM community the 21F3.5 is highy regarded and my
>                    favorite OM wide at the moment. But I am very interested
> in how
>                    this lens fares against what is considered one of the
> best--
>                    the Zeiss 21F2.8 G.

The weight and price test has already been won by the Zuiko.

>          2) The 28F2.0 Zuiko MC versus the current 28F2.8 M or G lenses, or
> the
>               Contax SLR 28s.

Unfortunatly Contax no longer produces an 28mm/2.0 lens.

>           3) The OM 40F2.0mm Zuiko MC versus the Minolta 40F2.0 CL lens and
>                the 40F2.8 Zeiss Sonar on the Rollei35SE

This lenses are not longer produced, so it is not an comparision of
recent lenses.

>            5) The OM 100F2.0 and 90F2.0 leneses versus the 80 to 100mm German
> label
>                lenses.

The 100mm/2.0 has already been tested against the Zeiss (and Japanese
lense) with flattering results for the Zuiko.
An test of Leitz, Zuiko and Zeiss makro teles has been published on
list, again the Zuiko performed well (in contrast to the N brand).

Regards

Richard