[OM] OM vs Leica vs Zeiss--system versus system???

Subject: [OM] OM vs Leica vs Zeiss--system versus system???
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 13:17:20 EDT
Hi Folks again,

     In my previous posts, I expressed an intense interest in lens by lens
matchups against the German make. However, I am even more interested in what
I would call "system" by "system" matchups. By system, I mean a single camera
body and no more than 3 lenses.

     Optical quality is not everything. Case in point--the Pentax 67 medium
format camera. No one would argue that this will not easily outperform an
equivalent OM system on a picture by picture basis. Yet very few
photographers on the planet would chose this system over the OM if they could
only have one--ignoring the large format people.

       So the question is this, if you are limited to just a single camera
body and 3 lenses,
which system would you chose and why?

Alex