Re: [OM] Teleconverters - which ones to use?

Subject: Re: [OM] Teleconverters - which ones to use?
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 08:24:50 EDT
In a message dated 5/12/99 8:05:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time, HI100@xxxxxxx
writes:

> hus the teleconverter passes through a corrected
>  maximum aperture by offsetting the pin indicating the maximum aperture by
> the
>  right amount through to the OM body.

I don't believe this is correct. The aperture coupling on the OM mount
transmits *relative* aperture information. It doesn't know or care what the
maximum aperture is, just how much it will stop down when the exposure is
made. Putting the teleconverter in the path effectively only changes your
maximum aperture. There should be no need for the teleconverter to do any
offset.

Of course, I may be wrong...

Paul Schings
Coventry, Rhode Island, USA