Re: [OM] Teleconverters - which ones to use?

Subject: Re: [OM] Teleconverters - which ones to use?
From: IronShiek8@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 03:22:59 EDT
I bought a Tamron 2x tele, used it a few times, and really have not touched
it since. First of all, its harder to focus.... the  view finder image never
gets better than "slightly fuzzy" and the prints are the same; its really
hard to get the focus to snap. I was using this with a Vivitar 200/ 3.5. It
does work better with a 50mm: I am able to get a decent sharp focus. But I
would say my Sigma 75-300 gives a much better image than my 200 with a 2X
tele ever could. My opinion: save your $$ for a 500 or so mirror lens, which
you could probably find for about $200-400 here in the US. I find that 2X
teles are good as extension rings with the glass removed ( NEVER DO THIS TO A
OLY TELE-CONVERTER)

        ...but these are just my opinions.....            Jesse