Re: [OM] Customs - absolute worst!

Subject: Re: [OM] Customs - absolute worst!
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 11:16:25 -0400
Ok, I will contribute one story to this thread.
Once upon a time, long ago, I went on my first honeymoon
to the Bahamas.  My ex was born in Chile but she was an American citizen.
On the airplane we filled out these little cards and where it said
"nationality"
she put Chilean. (Duh).  When we landed we were swept off to a scary room
with scary armed guards who took all our belongings and stared at us for an
hour.
 Included was my father in law's Nikon which we made him loan us.
Then after much questioning of the poor little lady they took her away,
not a word just gone.  Remember this was our first trip out of the country.
We thought the Bahamas was a far off place from NYC.
Anyway, after a short while she returned and all was well even the Nikon was
returned (pheww).  They took her to a US customs agent who asked her one
silly question about her naturalization paper and he said OK. End of drama.
The end of the story and the OM content is that some years later I bought an
OM1
and got a divorce.

Charlie L.

<<I never really figured out what they were after. Like we were the
advanced scouts for the coming invasion from the South or something (HA!
We have you already, hooked on out TV programs! No one escapes!). I have
been to half the countries in Europe, to Japan, Taiwan, various parts of
the Carribbean, but this was the absolute worst, for me anyway (I used to
have a coworker who had that "foreign terrorist" look that used to get
him stopped just about everywhere, but that was a special case).>>