Re: [OM] OM2000-Gnomes-Dr. H

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2000-Gnomes-Dr. H
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 10:42:33 -0400
Dear sir,
Although your very imaginative thoughts on who John Hermanson really is,
I was amused but you are mistaken.
Dr. H. is chained up in my basement and I am collecting all the little parts
needed to keep my OM1 going forever.  Forever you say is a long time
and what if the good doctor ..ummm... expires before me?
Well the cloning experiment is going well and the sheep are getting used to
the basement.  Soon 2 Johns then 3 then.....
Oh no, they will be coming after me now!!

Name and location withheld.

PS: The West Australian Newspaper had the best labor contract ever devised.
Gnomes were jealous.

<<Let me try explain the use of "they" -
I have only had contact with John Hermanson (aka CamTech) through email
and once or twice I talked on the phone with a man identifying himself
as "John Hermanson". I have never met the man or visited CamTech
personally.
So, I don't know if CamTech is a one man operation or a larger
enterprise or if it even exists in the known universe. All I know is: I
carefully pack my Oly equipment in a box addressed to CamTech. Take to a
place where there are a lot of brown trucks and a lot of people wearing
brown uniforms. I give my money and my box to a brown uniform. The brown
uniform disappears through a door with my box (full of my Oly
equipment). Then five weeks or so later a brown truck pulls up to my
door. A brown uniform gets out and hands me a box. I open the box and
inside is my Oly equipment clean and working perfectly. I'm once again
happy.

Now I ask. How many of you have ever actually met John Hermanson, Hmmh?
( Don't answer that ) ;-}

Is it possible that "John Hermanson" is a fictional icon like Betty
Crocker or Joe Camel?
And in reality CamTech exists in an alternate universe run entirely by
camera tech gnomes?
It's sensible that gnomes would be good camera techs. Gnomes are very,
very small and so are most camera parts.
And that this alternate universe is only accessible through the brown
uniform wearing people?
How do we know that this "John Hermanson" isn't a camera tech gnome?
Maybe he has a workshop full of camera tech gnomes toiling away
somewhere.
This reasoning might also explain the model railroading. It's a fact
'Gnomes like trains'.
Did you think of that? I didn't think so.

"But, wouldn't the turn-around time be better if all these gnomes were
toiling so diligently?", you ask.
Well, have you ever worked for a union? A gnome union? An alternate
universe gnome union?
I didn't think so. They have the absolute best labor contracts
imaginable. Heck, if we had this contract in this universe we all would
be spending our free time, our extensive free time under the labor
contract, riding trains and taking photographs.

John, whatever you are or however many of you there are I appreciate
your skill and knowledge, it makes me happy.

After proof reading what I wrote:
I'll be sooo glad when I can start getting close to eight hours sleep a
night (or day) again!
What the heck, the last sentence's good. I'll send it.>>