Re: [OM] OM2000

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2000
From: "Arnab Kumar Banerjee" <arnabkb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 19:02:16 PDT
Hi Roger,
I am a new member in this list, and had put in a similar question about the OM 2000. The list members had been very helpful, and based on their responses, I finally bought the 2000. There have been some recent mails about the OM 2000 prices dropping, but I cant say for sure. My market research revealed that the OM 2000 kit (body+35-70 zoom) was listed at about 229 USD at B&H/Cambridge/camera world and the likes. Not sure about the additional costs like taxes and custom duties, i decided to buy it in person from Broadway in downtown Toronto. I got the 2000 kit for 399.99 CAD, and along with the Hoya 52mm UV filter + taxes the total was 488.73 CAD. I dont know how this price compares to the prices other list members might have paid for a new OM 2000. The April 1998 issue of popular photography has a favourable report on the 2000. ("Can a budget priced SLR be that good?"). I have not run a roll thru the 2000, so it would be premature to comment on the results, but so far I like the way the camera handles. I have tried the new SZuiko 35-70/3.5 lens though on the OM 10 body with good sharp results.
Hope this helps.
Arnab.
Ontario, Canada.