Re: [OM] OM2000

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2000
From: Steven_Read@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 20:36:28 -0400

Denton Taylor adds:

   >However Oly doesn't actually make it, Cosina does.

   >I would definitely handle it before you buy.
   >Personally, I found it a bit on the cheapo side.

   >Seems like another used 2n or 4t would better meet your needs.

I strongly agree with all of the above, but would add that the one thing the
2000 has is that it's incredibly light. Especially with it's "standard" lens.
It makes my OM-4 with 50/1.2 feel like a brick.  (OM-2000:430g body + 185g lens
versus OM-4,50/1.2:540g +285g)  And the plastic (to me) has a nice feel in the
hand.  Honesty forces me to add that I do not yet own one, and have only toyed
with the idea of adding one to my collection of OM bodies.

And oh yes, there is the smaller viewfinder thing...