[OM] OM2000

Subject: [OM] OM2000
From: Robinsnes@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 15:14:53 EDT
        Does anyone have any experience with this OM product? I have several
OM1's, recently had an OM2n stolen and want to replace it (one of the OM1's
that I have owned since the 1970's) has stopped working.
        I guess this is a multiple part question. Whom do you recommend as a
repair facility. I want another OM body as I am now down to only one from
three. Am looking at the OM4Ti but not sold yet on whether it is worth the
money.(read would it get enough use?) I like shooting with manual cameras,
but really miss the 2n and it's long night exposure times and wife likes
automatics.
        950f professional shooting done with blads. Occasionally need 35mm
and then the OM has been wonderful. I see all the big monster from N*K*N and
C*N*N and wonder why when the whole purpose is to just expose film. I shoot
wedding and portraiture and feel no need to be a papparazzi. All shooting
usually done very slowly and deliberately so motor drives are not
particularly attractive.
        I have never seen the 2000 in person, but do trust Oly to make fine
machines.
Thanks for any responses to a rather rambling question.
Roger