Re: [OM] 200/f4 + Shutter Shudders: (was"200mm F4 / F5 vs. 65/200mm F4)

Subject: Re: [OM] 200/f4 + Shutter Shudders: (was"200mm F4 / F5 vs. 65/200mm F4)
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 12:19:26 -0700
Charlie;

Charles Loeven wrote:

> <<I use this method (left hand under the mid-to-forward area of the lens,
> right hand on camera, finger on trigger)) with 350/2.8 + 1.4x . On
> tripod and monopod I get very high percentage of sharp exposures.
>
> George>>
>
> This method then would help or at worse,
> wouldn't hurt for all bodies and lenses, no?

I would think so.

> Is there a problem created with long exposures
> and "hand shake"?

If the exposure will be 'long' let's define that as 1/15 or longer? then
I would use the self-timer. This works especially well on the 4T with
mirror prefile.  I would also, if possible, do the beanbag on top and/or
camera bag below trick. But, in my experience, with exposures of
crescent moon at 1/15 and longer, using just 4T self-timer is enuf.  And
that's with 350/2.8 + 1.4x + 2x for total 1000/8.

George