[OM] re: OM-1 X vs. FP Flash Switch

Subject: [OM] re: OM-1 X vs. FP Flash Switch
From: "Chuck Castleton" <ccastleton@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 09:55:07 -0600
Since I'm the one who started this discussion, let me set the record straight.
I was using an OM-1 MD with an old Minolta Auto 28 flash in the hot shoe.
This combination has worked wonderfully for years with the OM-1 sync
switch in the "X" position, but failed miserably when the switch got bumped
to "FP".  I believe the correct explanation is that the FP setting is intended
for use with flash bulbs, and that with the switch on FP the hot shoe kicks
the flash on before the shutter curtains open, allowing time for the flash bulb
to heat up.

Chuck Castleton