Re: [OM] A T20 Question / manuals[long]

Subject: Re: [OM] A T20 Question / manuals[long]
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 22:50:28 EDT
In a message dated 5/2/99 9:13:53 PM EST, cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< You may also be rewarded with consideration the next time you
 need their aid.  You know, a free battery cap or something.  :-)

 What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

 Charlie L.

Charlie, holy cow! you jogged my memory here.
 I had lost the synchro flash cap to my OM-4 ages ago, and finally got around
to calling for it, and the retaining nut behind it, AND two manuals that I
really didn't absolutely need -(since I figured I knew the equipment well
enough not to need one at this point in my OM life - but I figured I might as
well get them while they were still available;)  and in the middle of the
phone call remembered that I also needed the battery door cover to the flash
grip 300 for my OM-77. (doesn't everybody?) Well, considering the rude,
demeaning attitude I had just received from the customer service "lady" at
Sharp USA when I needed  a WARRANTY repair of my camcorder, I was pleasantly
surprised and shocked even- when the Olympus lady just chuckled as I kept
saying- "Oh I just remembered- I need this also "- and as I'm waiting for her
to enter all this into her computer I'm trying to guess what the total damage
($) was going to be to my credit card, she politely informed me that the only
items I would be charged for would be the OM-4 cap and nut- $5.00 I think.
So, in effect, you are correct- I DID get a free battery cover - and more. (
although I suspect everyone got a free OM-77 battery cover since they ALL
broke, I'm told.) Still, it made it an easy task to write that $3.00 check
for my most recent manual request. (maybe I used up my free manual and parts
priviledges by then, that may explain why some list members are not being
charged anything by Olympus,  just a guess).
Anyway, my apologies to all here for my trip down memory lane, but one of my
points is that Olympus still has some friendly people with the right attitude
working for them, even though we may feel that the upper echelon of the
company is traveling in a different direction with the company than we'd
like. ( away from OM ).

Take care,
George S.