RE: [OM] Mono pods and ball heads

Subject: RE: [OM] Mono pods and ball heads
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 23:08:17 -0400
Charlie,
In addition to steadying my camera, sometimes it also steadies me.  I
messed up a knee a few years ago and occasionally my monopod has been the
reason I've made it back home.
FWIW, Tracks, a company now owned by Cascade Designs has a folding staff
that has a wooden ball on the top of the handle.  The ball can unscrew and
underneath is a 1/4 male thread.  What is also nice about it is that it
collapses to 17", about 5" shorter than most monopods.  I believe it is
called the Compact Travel Staff.  The sections are joined by an elastic
bungee cord (just like a tent pole).  The top section also has an
adjustable section for height.