Re: [OM] Fixing banged up filter threads.

Subject: Re: [OM] Fixing banged up filter threads.
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 11:51:31 -0500
On Fri, Apr 30, 1999 at 10:24:43AM -0400, Tom Trottier wrote:
> I have several newly bought lenses with dented filter threads. The rim has
> been
> dented in. I was thinking of pounding them out with a soft wood stick (to
> preserve the threads) and a hammer.

Fargo Enterprises (http://www.micro-tools.com) sells the thread vises others
have talked about, but also a wooden rack with several half-circles of
different shapes cut into it and a wooden stake for just this purpose. I've
got one, though I haven't tried it yet; others say it works as well as the
vise, with care, and is easier to lean and control.