Re: [OM] Zuiko vs. Leica lenses?

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko vs. Leica lenses?
From: CANTABENE@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 17:55:36 EDT
I tend to agree with Doris. I worked as a professional photographer for many
years, photographing  industry, and used the lenses that helped me do the job
at hand.  I did notice a difference between Nikkor and Leica lenses, however.
 Those are the two brands I used most. The Leica lenses seemed to deliver a
bit more contrast at the edges of the image. That often made it possible to
distinguish a photo made with a Nikkor from one made with a Leica lens. The
comparatively few Negatives I made with Zuikos seemed similar in edge
contrast to those made with a Nikkor.

I always tended to regard lenses and cameras as tools, rather than art
objects or some kind of jewelry.  For me photography was very often about
solving photographic problems and I used the tools that helped with the
solution. All other things being equal, I chose equipment that proved the
most durable and the most reliable.
Harry